Sunday, 2 August 2015

Why have rules, if not to break them? Pixum Charity "Laufend Gutes tun" for childrens' hospice

In the tried-and-tested Austrian manner of 'why have rules if you can't break them' I am hereby throwing caution to the wind: 

this will not be a draft section from the work on my book, but a short report of a very worthy cause that I just could not pass up on supporting. 

Pixum, a company Misch and I have worked with before, approached me literally 24 hours after I last wrote to you, to ask if I would support their most recent charity activity, where they are collecting for a childrens' hospice. I am sucker for kids anyway, but, having had seriously ill friends during my childhood, this is particularly close to my heart. 

Pixum is also turning 15 this year and one of their team, Thomas, has pledged to take part in the charity run km4kids, covering 135 km (phew! I doff my hat!). This Herculean effort will be supported by his boss, Mr Attalah, with 10 Euros for every kilometer run, as well as 15 Euros extra for every blog entry written about it.

RBL Logo CMYK 300dpi 20cm breit

So, here we go: 

what started as a battle with the scales and the discovery of a very worthy cause, has now blossomed into a full-blown running habit of around 50 km a week and many charity events, all in support of "Regenbogenland", a childrens' hospice. 

IMG_20140921_135937816_HDR

Following a full marathon - run, no less, in under 5 hourse (!)- Thomas (right, in the picture above) is now preparing for the mammoth task of 135 km of km4kids. 

At MyMischMasch we are more than happy to support this effort and are keeping all our fingers crossed for Thomas and Pixum! 

May he get through the run in one piece and collect as much support as possible for such a good cause. 

PS: Regeln sind da, um gebrochen zu werden, oder? Deswegen geht es gleich mit einem Beitrag zu einem guten Zweck los, dem ich nicht widerstehen konnte.


No comments:

Post a Comment